This was posted on Multiply Nov. 23, 2008, 1:58 pm
As the title says, this is a howto on downloading mp3 files from Imeem (I can’t say this works on other sites too; try it yourself).
1. Visit http://file2hd.com/Default.aspx
2. Copy the Imeem link of the file you are currently listening to and paste it in the text box at the site mentioned above.
3. Tick the “ I have read and agree to the Terms of Service” box and click “Get Files”.
4. Right-click the file of you choice and choose “Save As”.
To convert the files to mp3 (since the site saves the file as flv):
For Windows, you can download a flv to mp3 converter.
1. Open a terminal and locate the directory where the flv file is.
2. Install the packages ffmpeg, lame and id3ed (if you don’t have it on your system) by using the following command:
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg lame id3ed
3. To convert, issue the following command:
ffmpeg -title ‘MyFile’ -i myfile.flv -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -ab 128 -vn -y myfile.wav
Replace ‘MyFile’ with whatever title you want, myfile.flv with the name of the original file, myfile.wav with the name of the output file you want (just retain the .wav extension; this is very important).
4. After which, issue the following command:
lame –preset cd myfile.wav myfile.mp3
Replace myfile.wav with the name of the wav file (if you have changed it in #3) and myfile.mp3 with the name of the output file you want.
For Mac users, I really don’t know, but I bet that the instructions above do apply, although there might be some things you should modify.
thegenuisishere wrote on Dec 5
Good point. 🙂
jocomo wrote on Nov 23
mas maganda online converter
kasi you dont need to download the software
problem mo lang pag wala kang net connection
but hey, it works
and oh, you could also use orbit downloader to get mp3s from imeem